Will You Be Using The Services of a Patent Attorney?
The book will help you prepare your document before you meet with the attorney so that you make the attorney’s work easier.
By all mean, get the book even before you order patent illustration as it will help you get the most from the patent illustrator including topics such as these:
Table of Contents
Introduction: Visit with A Patent Illustrator
Chapter 1: Visit with A Patent Illustrator
- Focus on Guidance Instead of Pricing
- Develop a Strategy for Your Drawing
- Working with A Patent Attorney
- Seek Attorney’s Advice on Drawings
- When Preparing Your Own Provisional Application
Chapter 2: Patent Drawing Labelling
- Why Label Your Drawing?
- Adding Lines and Numbers to Your Drawings
- Help Available for Labelling Your Drawings
Chapter 3: Labelling Your Own Drawings – The Wrong Way
- Drawing Label – Patent Attorney vs Inventors
Chapter 4: Labelling Your Own Drawings – The Right Way
- Drawing Layout and Part Names
- Begin with The First Figure
- Label the Different Sides of The Drawing
- Identifying Parts in The Next Figures
- Make Use of Hidden Parts
Chapter 5: Labelling Your Own Drawings – The Right Way
- Adding Reference Numbers
- Using Number Sequence
Chapter 6: Labelling Your Own Drawings – The Right Way
- Parts Grouping
- Purposeful Labelling
- Surface Labelling
- Legend and Working Copies
- Separate Drawing Draft with Part Names and Numbers
Chapter 7: Labelling Your Own Drawings – The Right Way
- Labelling for Better Explanation
Chapter 8: Explaining Your Invention
- Using the QVC & HSN Method
- Chapter 9: The Benefit of Filing a Good Provisional
- First to File Policy.
Chapter 10: Sample Provisional Patent Application
Throughout the years, many inventors benefited from the valuable insight and information we gave them while preparing their patent illustrations. This book was written simply to equip inventors as they move on to the next step of preparing their patent application. With the book, they can now prepare a stronger provisional patent application when doing it themselves and are directed to honest and experienced patent attorney when they need one.